Thursday, April 11, 2013

Let's try this again!

I stopped posting when Pat and I started throwing around the idea of having kids.  I didn't want to be a mommy blogger or talk about how I so badly wanted to be pregnant so I would feel I had a purpose in life. 

Then last night the reality hit....

I have a baby but I'm still looking for my purpose.  Yes, I have a wonderful reason to wake up in the morning (at whatever hour he decides) and he does fill yet another empty spot in my heart.  Still, I find myself aching for my passion in life.

Just like everyone else, when I was little I wanted to be a ballerina and an astronaut,  maybe even a space ballerina.  Then it came to Jr. High and those aptitude tests... mine told me I was best suited to be a forest ranger. Please tell me what 14 year old girl sees her future as Smokey the Bear's sidekick!

That's just the tip of the iceberg of indecision, but I just don't know what I'm cut out for, what I'm good at, or where to start.

How did you figure out what you wanted to be when you grow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment