Sunday, August 8, 2010

Not A Positive Start....

I feel like the biggest jerk in the world now.  I was on my way to drill this morning and as I was exiting the highway halfway to the base I spotted a puppy running along the side of the road.  Inside a second I had a billion thoughts running through my head ranging from OMG WHO LEAVES A PUPPY ON THE HIGHWAY, to I should stop and get it ,then what if it has rabies, what if it runs into traffic as you try to catch it, once you catch it where are you going to put it at work....

Needless to say I didn't stop for the puppy, my negative, scared thoughts won over.  I felt guilty all morning I couldn't even eat breakfast.  I was so disappointed in myself thinking of the little puppy alone and afraid on the highway.  I thought about the poor little guy all day and on my way home I had to switch directions and make sure he wasn't still there or on the side of the road hurt or god forbid dead.



Thankfully some person who is better than I stopped for the puppy and saved it, I'm still disappointed in myself for not stopping but I'm happy imagining that someone got it to safety and someone is going to love the shit out of that lil guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment